Tuesday 9 July 2019

Avocado and Egg Power Food Salad

I love the amazing variety of salads out there. Textures, tastes, zest, spice, herbs etc. All of these components combined to give us a different experience. Well this Green Goddess Bowl as described by Madeleine Shaw in Get the Glow is packed full of super foods which give me a great energy boost. I sometimes add some baby gem lettuce just to give the dish an element of crunch, other than that, it's a very comforting eating experience.

For 2 people:

Ingredients:

50g Shredded Kale. Tbsp Coconut Oil. 100g Spinach. 4 Eggs. 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds. Avocado. 3 tbsp Olive Oil. Tbsp Cider Vinegar. Tsp Dijon Mustard. Lime cut into wedges. Seasoning.

Method:

Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the kale with a pinch of salt and saute for 4 minutes.


Put the Spinach in a bowl and pour boiled water over it to cover. Strain through a sieve and mix into the kale.

In the meantime, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the eggs. I prefer my eggs soft for this dish, so 2 1/2 minutes will suffice. Drain the hot water off and fill with cold. After a couple of minutes, crack the shells of the eggs and gently peel. Spread the sesame seeds onto a plate with a pinch of salt. Rub the eggs evenly in the mixture then cut in half.

Cut the avocado in half  and peel off the skin. Remove the stone and then slice thinly. Mix the olive oil with the vinegar, mustard and seasoning.

Spread the greens over a serving plate and arrange the avocado and eggs on top. Drizzle over the dressing and a squeeze of lime.






1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. 먹튀보증업체

    ReplyDelete