Tuesday 22 May 2012

Chorizo and Red Pepper salad

Tonight was another home episode of Ready Steady Cook. There were a few random ingredients in the fridge and cupboards which collectively I thought would make a tasty supper dish. Chorizo is one of my top 10 ingredients. It goes with everything, or should I say, I'd eat it with anything or just on its own. It reminds me obviously of Spain but with the English weather in glorious form today, I thought I'd try and concoct an Iberian style salad.

Ingredients : (for 2 people) 100g Chorizo cubed, 100g Rocket, 100g Roasted peppers, red onion finely sliced, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp sherry vinegar, tsp dijon mustard, tsp honey, seasoning.

1. Fry off the chorizo in a pan for 4 or 5 minutes and put aside.
2. Roughly slice the peppers and mix together with the onion and rocket.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and seasoning.
4. Add the chorizo to the salad and pour over the dressing.

I served this with some rustic bread, some olives and a cold glass of Vina Sol. It's a really pleasant dish, combining the smokey chorizo with the peppery rocket, sweet peppers and a kind of sweet and sour dressing. As the great Keith Floyd would say, here's Spain on a plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment